Blue Patch criteria
When a business applies to become a member of Blue Patch, we check they’re a good match with our values:
- Products on Blue Patch are made in the UK
- Food and ingredients are grown in the UK
- When materials and ingredients are sourced internationally, businesses aim to work with ethical partners
- Businesses value sustainability
- Products and services are of good quality
How do we check businesses?
Once a business has completed the application we follow up with a phone or Skype call, or a visit to the business. Sustainability is a fast changing area so we continually research the latest information using our network of independent organisations such as the Soil Association, the Marine Stewardship Council, and Ethical Consumer. We're ready to help everyone to increase sustainability, reduce carbon and support their local economy by celebrating positive change.
Got a question? Pop us an email.