Bluepatch.org “BP” is part of the company Cool it World Ltd “CiW”.
We “CiW” and “BP” respect your rights to privacy and to choose what information you would like to receive or to choose not to receive any at all.
“BP” is registered with the Data Protection Registrar (the I.C.O).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the data controller is Bluepatch.org “BP” which is part of the company Cool it World Ltd “CiW”.
We will use the data you supply to communicate with you and improve our service. We will not sell or make available in any way your personal information except where you have specifically asked us to. The nature of the services provided by “CiW” and “BP” means that we may obtain some information about you. This statement sets out the principles governing our use of your data.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect data about you through a variety of different methods including:
Direct interactions: You may provide data by filling in forms on our site (or otherwise) or by communicating with us by post, phone, email or otherwise, including when you:
order our products or services;
create an account on our site;
subscribe to our email update service or publications;
register for a virtual or in-person event;
request resources or marketing be sent to you;
enter a competition, prize draw, promotion or survey; or
give us feedback.
Third parties or publicly available sources: We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources as set out below:
Technical Data from analytics provider Google based [in OR outside] the EU
Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House
Contact, Financial and Transaction Data from providers of technical, payment and delivery services based [inside OR outside] the EU]
Advertising networks [such as Facebook, Twitter LinkedIn and YouTube based [inside OR outside] the EU]; and search information providers [such as Google based [inside OR outside] the EU].
By registering to use the services and by using bluepatch.org web site generally, you agree to the following use:
1. When you register and use the site, we will ask you to provide certain Data, such as your contact details and demographic information. We will store this Data and use it to contact you, provide you with details of services and otherwise for the normal use and improvement of Bluepatch.org, unless you have asked us not to do so.
2. We will offer you the options to receive or not receive general and specific information such as our newsletter.
3. We may also use the Data you provide us with in response to surveys and to aggregate user profiles.
5. Cookies may be used to assist you with form filling. By continuing to use the website, you are giving us permission to place cookie information on your browser (opting in).
6. Blue Patch will not pass Data to any third parties except in the following circumstances;
a. When you have requested information to be sent by one of our partners
b. In the event of our outsourcing marketing or technical operations such as mail-outs and then we will only use reputable organizations who abide by the relevant Data Protection legislation
c. In the event of Blue Patch merging with another organization and then only for the same purpose as originally specified unless we ask for permission to change this usage
d. To enable you to gain access to the restricted parts of certain Service Providers' Information
7. Our site links to other websites and we are not responsible for their data policies or procedures or their content.
8. We endeavor to take all reasonable steps to protect your personal Data. We cannot guarantee the security of any Data you disclose online. You accept the inherent security implications of on-line data transfer over the internet and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or in willful default.
9. Blue Patch has security measures in place to ensure that personal data are not subjected to unauthorized or unlawful processing.
10. If you are concerned that any of the information we hold on you is incorrect, please contact us.
11. You agree that we may disclose to any person empowered to require such information by or under any legal enactment, any information they may request or require relating to you.
12. Blue Patch allows the UK British Library Web Archive to keep copies of Cool it World web sites: Bluepatch.org
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, a potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes, the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for six years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances, we may anonymise your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to the portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at: ico.org.uk
If at any point you wish to know which Information we are processing about you, or if you do not wish for us to process your Information anymore or if you believe the Information we process on you is incorrect or obsolete you can request to see this Information and/or have it corrected or deleted by us by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org